We have so loved being in a new city for the New Year! Celebrating the end of a year and beginning of the next year is probably one of my favorite parts of the year. It was fun to watch the various countries celebrate and then watch the celebrations in NYC and wait 3 hours to celebrate in Seattle #westcoastrocks. Canada was so fun! Stanley Park was probably my favorite spot! I’ve got a ton of pictures on my Facebook page!
While 2016 was winding down I spent some time planning my goals for 2017! I have invested in an Erin Condren Life Planner! I’m so exited to get started, I’ve loved connecting with so many people in the various Facebook groups I have found, I hope to develop some great goals this year that will help us have a better future.
I was scrolling through some posts yesterday and I saw one that caught my eye, it was writing down ten (10) things you were grateful for in 2016. My hubby and I spent some time today doing that and talking about, while 2016 was a tough year, there are things to be grateful for….might take some time but! I highly encourage it!
My 10 things I am grateful for in 2016
- Adding Michael (our adorable 10 month old, almost 100 pound Great Prynees). We brought him home shortly before we lost Bruce (our 4yr old Siberian passed from Crohn’s disease). We haven’t had a puppy in ages, so it was definitely a learning experience but we wouldn’t trade his fuzzy self for anything.
- Seven (7) years of marriage! As you can imagine being married is tough when you have major chronic health issues. This year alone we faced multiple battles with bronchial pneumonia, RA progressing to new joints, Sepsis, ICU stay, a whole new world of fibroids, and surgery (D&C and a Myomectomy). Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Sjogrens, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Severe Asthma, and many more issues will always but challenging but I do hope that 2017 will be better! And #nomoresurgery
- Mary Kay – I love my business, it is the perfect size and perfect hobby for me. I am constantly amazed at my customers, they are the reason behind the business. I am so grateful for the opportunity it to do something I never thought I would do and I enjoy learning about skincare/color cosmetics. I also treasure the relationships I get to build, the one thing missing when I go to a department store! I’ve continued to see the blessing and value of a family/small business/home based business.
- I love what I get to do at my job #suchadifferentplacethan2015! God truly has grown me and I love what I do!
- Better money management than 2015! #willdobetterin2017 #2020 #goals
- Tina’s friendship, I can’t wait to see what 2017 and the rest of our lives brings #travelingtheworld #goals #sherlockrocks
- I got to stand in Vatican City #lifelongdreamaccomplished #goingbackin3months #cantwaittoseeitagain
- New gadgets, mostly the treadmill #inamedmytreadmillToby
- Simponi – the struggle continues to find a biologic medicine that will manage my RA and Lupus. While I do believe it is working, we also have seen the downside of a monthly medication. Hopefully 2017 will continue positive results with treatment.
- We got to travel as a family this year! I love traveling with friends or for work but I really enjoy taking my hubby places. One of my biggest goals is to travel the globe, and I hope some of that will be with my hubby!
Stay tuned to the blog this year, I know I can’t wait to see what 2017 brings!
#happynewyear #nyeSeattle #newyearsday